Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replace my knock sensor and now the truck won't start.

Customer Question
Just replace my knock...

Just replace my knock sensor and now the truck won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I have replaced both knock sensors and harness

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 Chevy Tahoe z71 flexfuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm pressing the Schrader valve at the fuel rail and I'm not getting any fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I'm fixing it myself

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Chevy
4/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 25 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

If you run a KOEO test will any codes come up?

Wil it at least crank?

Key on is the theft light off?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I been running a diagnostic with one of those Bluetooth adaptors that you connect to the obd2 port and the Torque app in my smartphone and there are no codes popping out....yes it will crank....yes theft light goes on but then turns off
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I did try to release the fuel pressure from the Schrader valve but nothing is coming out
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
When I turn the key to the on position I cannot hear the fuel pump priming at all
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago

Do you have tools for electrical testing so we can see if the pump is getting power and ground?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Fix it!!! For now.... I'd hit the fuel tank a couple of times and it started, so next project will be a new fuel pump I guess.....what would be the best approach for it
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 23 days ago

All the files below will be all you need for replacing the fuel pump.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq1i83vnz2f6nim/FP1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh3vzlt10nm1n52/Fp2.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnwi0nihsduxmy7/Fp3.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 22 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician