Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 05 duramax 3500 ,, drove it home from work it sat…

Customer Question
I have a 05...

I have a 05 duramax 3500 ,, drove it home from work it sat for 3 hours , went to move it and it wont start , spins over and try's but won't start sounds like it try's to start for a sec then cut off ,,any ideas thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yep it spins over fast and hits for a sec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself I work on hotrods etc , I can hear the fuel pump Iin gauge , and the pump on the filter stiffens after a few pumps

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't had any issues till today

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Chevy
4/1/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 19 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

With the primer pumped uptight, will it make more of an effort to start?

Do you have a scan tool to see the actual and desired fuel pressure while cranking?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Scan tool won't connect to the ecm , I did get it to start a few times after turning the key on and off several times , after it would start I noticed the battery light would stay on , it's having a anti theft issue or some type of electrical issue. The dash board lights will stay on after the key is out and you can turn the blower motor up or down on the ac/ heater controls , I'm trying the 10 min key on turn off for 30sec and repeat sequence to try to reset the alarm code any suggestions would help thank you
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 18 days ago

After your follow up. You look to have more issues than I think I can resolve not in person. I will opt out and let another try.

Chevy Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago
eric remington

HELLO SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE A NUMBER OF ISSUES... DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CHECK FOR FUEL SUPPLY? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CK FOR PCM COMMUNICATION ISSUES?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I got it fixed ,, a mouse had got into the fuse box under the hood and made its home there and chewed on about 8 wires causing them to ground out geez lol
Chevy Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 17 days ago

ok good job!

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington