Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer ss. I took it to the shop…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer ss. I took it to the shop yesterday for an oil change. They said the lower control arm needed replaced. I picked the car up and drove it a short distance and the stability track light cam on the dash and car went into limp mode. The shop returned and picked up. Today they said the steering wheel positioning sensor needs replaced. They replaced it. Now they cannot get the ebcm to reprogram keeps showing codes c0196 and c0455. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Which fuse are you refering to?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the car is at the shop. Mechanics cannot figure out why the ebcm will not reprogram

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all thank you

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 23 days ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a few minutes to review your question and i will be back with your answer or a few questions

Here is a possibility based on a Technical Service Bulletin from GM

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you. I am having the car towed from the shop working on it to the dealership now. I will let you know what it turned out to be

You're welcome and i think that's a good idea

Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 17 days ago

Following up to see how you made out with your vehicle

Todd Audette
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician