Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My a.c. went out so I took it to car tune. The owner

Customer Question
My a.c. went out...

My a.c. went out so I took it to car tune . The owner serviced the a.c. said it looked like I had a leak in the main part where you refill it. Anyhow he told me to come back that afternoon because I told him I was on lunch. So I went back they were busy so they said to come back tomorrow. I went back yesterday and now I have to have the hose replace I have no more AC and it's going to cost me about $400

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

It's a 2011 I purchased it almost 2 years ago used I get regular oil changes and I drive no more then 20 miles daily

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Chevy?

Chevy Traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No this just happened yesterday I called the owner and I said I couldn't afford the $400 they were quoting him he supposed to be looking around for something cheaper I guess

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've just wanted to know what hoses are the ones that are connected to the condenser or the AC condenser because I might have another mechanic that might be able to replace him for a lot cheaper

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Chevy
3/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 21 days ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

There are a few hoses, do you know which one it is?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Well when he was servicing the AC the main part I guess he pointed out that it looked like you had a leak but since I was on lunch I had to leave and he said to bring it back that afternoon when I went back they were busy so I'm back yesterday and they said that it's the AC condenser hose or that connects to the condenser they didn't tell me actually they just want me to go back today and pay $400 or 300 counting the hundred from the day before
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Actually I'm just trying to find out if I can purchase a hose at AutoZone and I'm trying to save as much money as I can so I can afford the call but thank you anyways

There are two hoses that connect to the condenser. I can look it up in the aftermarket if you know which one of the two it is, but for the most part, these hoses are dealer only.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician