Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trouble shooting code po894, transmission component slipping…

Customer Question
Trouble shooting code po894...

Trouble shooting code po894, transmission component slipping means what

Mechanic's Assistant: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?

Maybe a month

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 chevt trailblazer 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed the code

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Chevy
3/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 21 days ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

This is a code what indicates the transmission's torque converter clutch is slipping. The fact the code sets and the absence of other codes means electrical components have passed, so this usually is a mechanical issue such as a failed clutch in the torque converter, seals between the converter and transmission or hung up valves in the valve body.

If you are fixing this yourself then you will want to start by removing the transmission pan and inspecting the contents of the pan and filter to get some clues as to the issue. If there are none then remove the valve body and inspect for sticking valves. If no issues are found and solenoids are sealing then its a problem with the torque converter itself and it needs to be replaced.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician