Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2015 equinox - vehicle mileage, trip 1 and trip 2 are all…

Customer Question
2015 equinox - vehicle...

2015 equinox - vehicle mileage, trip 1 and trip 2 are all displaying dashes instead of numbers.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Started when battery was really low. Wipers were cycling, would not start and could not be put into any gear. finally jumped the battery, vehicle stated and everything was fine except the mileage displays - about 1 week ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnected the negative battery conneciton, hoooked up an ODBII reader - no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

I attached a re-learn procedure for you to follow. If this does not fix it, then you have a problem inside the instrument cluster.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

I did tell you that if this procedure didn't work, then the cluster may be bad.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.