Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wilkl not start just had the head gasket changed in it. I…

Customer Question
Wilkl not start just...

Wilkl not start just had the head gasket changed in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

I changed the spark plugs and the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Yes it is and l have the 5.7 96 chevy caprice classic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caprice Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

L just got done with it and l tried to start it last night and it didn't turn over but the car have been sitting for about 3 weeks or longer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

is this the multiport or TBI motor??

can you hear the fuel pump run with the key on??

did you check for spark at one of the spark plugs??

Roy

No l didn't

need to check both. you need to verify spark and fuel pressure.