Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had hot air blowing out of my driver side vents and cold…

Customer Question
I had hot...

I had hot air blowing out of my driver side vents and cold out passenger, i replaced all the vent doors, and its still is doing the same thing. so now im not sure what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 chevy tahoe LT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had hot air blowing out of my driver side vents and cold out passenger, i replaced all the vent doors, and its still is doing the same thing. so not sure what to do

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

What vent doors did you replace?

all 3

Did you replace doors, or electrical actuators?

all of it as far as i know

OK, so you didn't do the work yourself, you hired someone to replace some parts?

its upsetting because its still not fixed so i want to find out what the problem could be before i take it back and tell him to fix it at no extra
cost to me

Typically, this is due to a faulty actuator. The actuators for each door are electrical, and they go bad pretty often. But if he charged you to fix it and it's not fixed, he should definitely be taking care of it for you.

Occasionally, the control head (the part with the knobs and buttons) goes bad, causing the same issue, but we put actuators in over control heads probably 10:1.

i did buy a ney head modual because the one i had was bad as well. so whatwould you say the avaradge time it would take to replace the faulty actuator
is it commom for a new one to go bad shortly after instalation?
because at first the ac was blowing from all vents but then just out the passenger. and i was getting heat from drivers side

If the actuator has gone bad already, he should warranty it. There are some pretty bad aftermarket actuators out there, I only use GM parts when I replace them because the aftermarket pieces are very unreliable.

Don't pay any more money, though, he already charged you to fix this, and he should stand behind it if it's only been a short while since he repaired it last time.

Did you get this worked out?