Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

009 duramax diesel drove to friends house sat for 2 hours…

Customer Question
009 duramax diesel drove...

009 duramax diesel drove to friends house sat for 2 hours now won't start. turns over but doesn't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes, battery looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2009 chevy 3500 truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked battery and read book to see where fuses were located

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has an autostart key can they stop working so the anti theft thing kicks in?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Autostart is notoriously junky, it's possible that you have a problem there. Is the security light lit up on the dash?

don't remember

If the security system is keeping it from starting, you should have a light on the dash to tell you so. I'd start with that, so we know which fork in the road to take from here. Do you want to wait until you get back to the vehicle and follow up with me?

do these trucks have an emergency plain key loke my old ford did?

It may have come with one, but it's just a non transponder key to be used for unlocking the door, it will not start the vehicle.

I drove up a steep hill is air in the fuel line a possibility?

If you are low on fuel and it's sucking air, that's a possibility. Did you try priming the fuel system?

1/4 of a tank but thought i'd try that when i get there

I would try that.

any fuses i should check?

If you have a test light, I would check them all, actually. It's pretty quick and easy to turn the key on and just touch all of the fuses to make sure they all have power and none of them are open. Not all will have power, but the ones that don't should be easy to figure out, like horn, headlights, etc.

thanks i will go give this a try

Let me know how it goes, and if you need anymore help.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Did you get this worked out?