Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 ssr has sat in the gararge for about a year,everything…

2004 ssr has sat...

2004 ssr has sat in the gararge for about a year,everything was deadand the key is stuck in the ignition how do i resolve this problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The steering wheel does turn,key is perfect where is the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SSR yourself? What have you tried so far?

For now i'm just trying to get it started

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How can i get to the battery

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

The battery is under the back of the car, but you can jump start under the hood. There are attachment points for jumper cables or a battery charger, you don't "need" to access the battery unless you intend to replace it.

But if you do want to access it, you have to lay on your back under the rear of the car, it's in a box behind the rear axle.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician