Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2002 chevrolet malibu wont start because the anti theft…

Customer Question
My 2002 chevrolet malibu...

My 2002 chevrolet malibu wont start because the anti theft system is activated , its not blinking but stays solid when turned to the on position

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

We have some what looked but dont have the tools to clean them yet the battery light is also on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried unlocking the door with the key and locking it again , we have tried the 10 min wait thing like 3 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is still not starting , and im afraid to drain my battery with the 10 min option , becuse my radio light s and all thta stay on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Sorry that you are having this problem. It is crucial that the procedure is followed to the letter

10 Minute learn

there is no other way other than buying a new senor or passlock?

I'm afraid not

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue. Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, and leave a 5 Star rating. That's how I get compensated here at Just Answer. If you need more help, just let me know, I am more than happy to follow up.