Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Is it possible to get a wiring schematic for the passenger…

Is it possible to get...
Is it possible to get a wiring schematic for the passenger seat Airbag weight sensors?
From the two plugs under the seat at each rail to everything above?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What is year, model, make of vehicle? Thanks.

2005 Acura RL

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes to pull up diagrams for you.

Thank you

Here are all wiring diagrams related to the restraint system for this vehicle. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpo57fnnic4cvos/wiring.pdf?dl=0

Thank you, ***** *****!

Sounds like a plan, I'll be here if you need me. You can reply at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know if you need anything. Thanks again and have a good night.

You too, thank you

No problem, thanks.

Dan, Technician

If you’re up to it, here is the question I joined for, still waiting for someone to answer:The afs light comes on from time to time. Always shuts off upon restarting the vehicle I have replaced the driver headlight, motor, control unit due to a previous owners accident. (Used item but in great condition). The drivers headlight throws the beam higher than the passenger. I’ve adjusted the manual light adjustment.But, it never lines up. My guess is that tha afs stroke sensor could be faulty. Or the learning procedure needs to be redone. I can’t find any info detailing how to clear a previously learned procedure. All I’ve found is the procedure to initialize if you replace the main AFS control module with a new one. Can the afs unit be cleared and re-initialized.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes, all fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2005 RL. From the research I’ve done the rear leveling sensor is prone to failure more so than the main Control Module that I believe integrates with the steering system to control the left to right light movement. Before replacing anything I’d like to see if the controller can be cleared and re initialized?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just starting to tackle this issue. So far just manual adjustment of the headlights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Really just if a previously learned afs control unit can be cleared and re-initialized? I can put DMM on the rear stroke sensor to see if it’s functioning correctly. I haven’t yet. I guess, besides the first question. In his opinion what part of the system is most prone to failure? I’ve read quite a bit about others with this issue and it contradicts what Acura told me.