Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

After transferring my window regulator from one door

Customer Question
(purchased entire door) to another...
after transferring my window regulator from one door (purchased entire door) to another of my 2006 corvette it is stuck in the down position and just clicks briefly when switch is engaged.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/28/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

UNplug the motor and test the leads there for power on one wire and ground on the other when commanding up or down. If you get that result then its the motor or this regulator is damaged or the glass is in a bind. You can test the motor connected directly to the battery with pieces of wire and jumper cables if needed.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

there is a momentary click at the motor., then nothing up or down. clicks both ways. so it has power. loosened window so as to make sure it wasn't binding. It does this on the original motor and the replacement motor. The original motor in the original damaged door worked fine 10minutes before I transferred it to the replacement door. Is there a re-flash needed at the BCM? Or possibly a trick to holding the switch in a position for a period of time to relearn window position?

No programming is needed after doing this repair.

if I take both of the motors and hook them up to the drivers side terminal and they BOTH work what would you think then?

What do you mean by drivers side terminal?

Aare you saying the driver's side window works and the passenger does not?

Exactly what I'm saying.

That can confirm the motor is good but not the regulator, wiring, or switch.

Can you use a voltmeter to test the switch to motor signals and remotely power and ground the motor to see if the motor and regulator moves the glass?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris