Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

02 silverado after i replaced multifunction switch the theft…

Customer Question
02 silverado after i...

02 silverado after i replaced multifunction switch the theft light is on and wont start. i used to be a gm mechanic. i did the relearn multiple times. security light never turns off like it should after 10mins. battery is charged i checked power and grounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I pulled them all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

You must have either disconnected the passlock module on top of the lock housing by accident, or you damaged the wiring that goes down to the connector at the base of the column. This definitely would have me going back into the column to look at the wiring and connectors to see what went wrong there.