Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I've got no power to the crank fuse. Consistent. 2003 chevy…

I've got no power...

I've got no power to the crank fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 chevy Silverado 1500 2wd 5.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes removed the starter and had it tested at autozone it passed then I replaced the safety neutral switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

when you hold the key to crank will that fuse show 12 volts when the key is held to crank ?

No

if that fuse shows NO volts when you hold the key to crank and the under hood fuse box fuses are all good then the ignition switch is bad

if you have any questions please askplease do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer
Ok did you get my call request?

i did not see it yet

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Phone call session started