Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will roll over. Sorry...will not roll over. 2002. Checked…

Will roll over Mechanic's...

Will roll over

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Sorry...will not roll over

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked battery... seems ok....thinking it might be the starter, but having hard time finding it...makes a clicking sound when turning ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that

3/27/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. What is the model of your 2002 Chevy

cavelier

Do you know if you have the 2.4L or 2.2L engine

2.2L

How do you know that the battery is good...Have you had it tested?

sister-in-law started it fine this morning to take her kid to school, started up fine...she got home parked the so she could go to work...would not roll over....did check battery...it seem ed to be charged
also she said that she ran over a big puddle of water

Ok...possibly a starter problem...if you are looking under the hood from the front of the car...it is at the bottom....you could try tapping on it with a Hammer if you can access it and see if it starts

is it to the right of the engine

Yes but towards the front of the car if you understand what i mean

i will try it...thought thats what it was but not to familiar with the car
is there anything else it may be

There are several possibilities but that would be a good place to start if you are 100% sure that the battery is good....Do the headlights come on ok

they do

Do they dim when you try to star it

no they stay on...even put battery starter to check battery charge...it 100%

Probably a bad starter

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
ok...thank for your help....now this is my first time on this website...is this just a one time fee

Yes it is....i will be available for follow up if need be at any time