Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

First off how much is this going to cost me. My Cruz just…

First off how much...

First off how much is this going to cost me

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Chevy Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

My Cruz just quit and all the fuses are good and working order

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I just got done putting putting in a new radiator and a water pump and the one connection on passenger side front wheel the ABS come on hooked and I hook that back up but that was happened after the cruise quit

3/26/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. What year is your Cruz and just so i am correct, The cruise control is not working?

2003 Impala 3.8 engine the cruise just quit all the fuses are good

Is the check engine or ABS lights illuminated on the dash?

ABS and the check engine light do not come on

Ok....A very simple to would be to make sure all of your brake lights are working. If one or more are out this will disable cruise control

If my blinkers work the brake lights should work to write

No that is not correct...The brake lights are a separate circuit

brake lights do work

Ok the next step would be to have the vehicle scanned for codes even though no lights are on. If there are any codes set this will also disable the cruise. You can go to a local parts store like autozone or Napa and they will scan for free

I just figured it out it's fixed and thank you very much

Ok Great. If you need more help please use the reply tab. Please take a moment and click on the stars and i would ask that you leave a 5 Star rating. This is how i am compensated here at Just Answer for my assistance. Thanks

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician