Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Equinox 2.4 with non start condition. It

Hello, I have a 2012 Equinox...
I have a 2012 Equinox 2.4 with non start condition. It cranks normally. Its showing P135A DTC. Notice blown 20 AMP fuse related to ignition (#38 in the engine compartment). If another fuse is installed, it get burnt immediately. Seems short to ground.
Is there a common problem for this vehicle. Which direction should i take?
thanks
3/26/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Click on link to view pdf file for step by step troubleshoot on P135A

this ignition related ,you have shirted out coil or ignition control module

to know run the test I sent you .

Try unplugging the coils one at a time and replace fuse ,see what makes the fuse stop blowing ,

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat