Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1991 caprice classic 5.0. I bought this car with no key,

1991 caprice classic 5.0...
1991 caprice classic 5.0 . I bought this car with no key , once I replace the ignition would I have to get the key programmed ?
3/26/2018
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

There are 15 different pellet keys for this car. To find the correct pellet that you need, you have to have a special tool to read it, or spend the time to try all 15 pellets. You can use the old switches connector and then buy all 15 blanks and do the relearn one blank at a time. This is the lowest cost, with out calling a lock smith to come out. Do you want to know how to do this?

I do thanks

I am sorry I just went to look up the relearn for you, and this car does NOT have an anti theft system on it. All you have to do is replace the lock cylinder and key and it should start right up for you.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech