Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sometimes after 75mph it will no longer accelerate and while…

Customer Question
Sometimes after 75mph it...

Sometimes after 75mph it will no longer accelerate and while I was driving today I was braking and the car came to a halt and then when I hit the gas it would not move even though I was in drive. Also, the brakes wouldn't push down as if I had been pumping them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts the same. When I restart it acts like nothing has happened a begins to run normal. It seems to run through the same amount of gas so far

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 TrailBlazer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing myself. I haven't tried anything for this problem as I cannot think of what would be wrong. Both headlights went out the other day so I replaced some fuses and the headlight relay.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/26/2018
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question

Is the engine light on? Does it Rev?