Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to remove the rear axle on my 07 avalanche. i…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to remove the rear axle on my 07 avalanche. i have taken the c- clips out of the differential ,, but the axil wont slide out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes\

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 3 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. I am working on answering your question now, Please allow me a few min to reply. Meantime? you may see a popup for phone call, I do NOT send this, the system does, I would prefer to keep in chat/email however, at times a call may help. I can not send files or diagrams via phone so lets start out in chat/email and go from there. Back shortly, Thanks

engine size and 4x4? or 2wd?

3.5 liter 4x4

Thanks, ***** *****

3.5? do you mean 5.3 litre? I have to pull factory info and need as best accurate as possible. Thanks

5.3

sending your info shortly. Thanks

u there?

Ok, this is NOT uncommon as you will see. I know you have followed near each and every step in the repair however, on this axle design? they tend to not always slide right out, In that case? your options change. You can buy? rent? or try another method like long prybars etc to assist the axle removal , Now, the slide hammer tool shown you can get or rent at most parts stores. Not expensive,. I do not fully know why these can be tight all I know is the tool or options are needed when one does not slide out easily. I have attached a file link. It IS the factory repair information, Go to line #12 and #13 you will see what I mean. Here is the .pdf file link

Please rate my service provided using the rating stars on your page.
Rating now doe NOT close this post.
You can still come back to me after leaving a rating for me.
This is only for JA to track my service, Thanks. Randall

ok thanks

you are welcome. It explains in the factory info I sent

Please rate my service provided using the rating stars on your page.. Thanks, Randall