Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just picked up a 1948 chevy truck. I need to pull the

Customer Question
I just picked up...

I just picked up a 1948 chevy truck. I need to pull the battery which is under the passenger side mounted in the frame. Cannot figure out how to slide the loosened battery out without remix

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Removing the running board

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Battwry is over 5 years old. Truck has not run that entire time

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

1948

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have drained the gas tank and added fresh gas , oil and filter, fuel filter, and I have tried to jump start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to remove the battery from the box

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Don, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician

hi there my name is don

the way to remove the batteries is to remove the floor board cover over the battery it should be bolted down

Don

hang on i will get you a picture of the cover

don

Ok. I will try
I have nothing above the battery in the cab but carpet. I looked under the carpet, but there was no access

here s what it looks like underneath it might be seized though

if you need a new cover here's where you get it

https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/1144/Chevrolet_Battery_Inspection_Cover.html

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Don

Hi there here is the factory assembly Manual for that beautiful truck

https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/7182/Chevrolet_Factory_Assembly_Manual.html

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you

Have a great day

Don