Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It starts up good in the morning, but when I put it in geer…

Customer Question
It starts up good...

It starts up good in the morning, but when I put it in geer it doesn't want to go. After a while it goes and seems ok when i I Ddrive

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The engine starts ok. the problem is when I accelerate it, it won't move

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 chevy cavalier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cavalier yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken to two mechanics & they can't find anything wrong with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think it maybe the transmission, because when I put in geer the car won't go until the transmission oil warms up then it goes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

What does it do when you say it won't go? Does the engine rev up but not go anywhere? Or does the engine not sound like it wants to go at all, like it's running out of power?