Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The security light flashed and it won’t start this a

The security light flashed...

The security light flashed and it won’t start this a clicking noise even when I’m not turning the key and i have power because my phone is charger but none of the lights or locks work

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

I saw it blink for a minute but then for like 15 now it hasn’t been on at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Chevy?

06 Malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m trying what someone said online to put the key in on position for 10 minutes then off for 5 and then it should start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But they said the light should shut off but it isn’t on

3/25/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today..Give me a few minutes to provide you with the correct procedure because what you are doing is not accurate

Are you sure the Battery isn't weak or low and you just need a jump start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn’t sound like it’s even trying to start

i understand but you stated that the none of the lights or door locks work

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but my phones plugged and charging. I can try the jump maybe it’s that

I would try that before we move forward with anything else

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’m going to try now

And it doesn't take much power to charge a phone.....takes alot more to start a vehicle

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Are you able to try jump starting the car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m doing that right now

OK, I will wait to hear back from you. :-)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s not doing anything to help

OK. Do you have headlights, blower motor, anything like that working in the car with the key ON?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I lied I just got radio and clock and locks and it sounds like it’s about to start now so was the jump. Thanks

Excellent!

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician