Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1955 Chevy Nomad that I'm putting a Mustang II 1976…

Customer Question
I have a 1955...

I have a 1955 Chevy Nomad that I'm putting a Mustang II 1976 steering unit, when I connected it up you turn the steering wheel to the left the wheels go right it was centered R or L. I am a wits end spent 10 hrs trying to figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Its a new rack

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a 1955 Chevy that I'm putting the rack in

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Chevy
3/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, the mustang rack is set up to be in front of the wheels that's why it's doing this. You'll need one set up for behind the wheels like a chevy citation rack. Ecklers has a good rack, You can see their pat numbers and install info HERE

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician