Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My left side speaker works intermittently with the radio and…

My left side speaker...

My left side speaker works intermittently with the radio and the warning bell sound for the key left in the ignition and the locking of the door doesn't sound when the left side speaker is out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

The right side speaker works. I am wondering if the amplifier is faulty as the key warning and door lock warning is probably going through radio amplifier. There is always power to the radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 trailblazer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet. Been trying to look for a new radio and thinking of replacing it. I think the amplifier for the radio, CD player is going out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My speed indicator on my dash sometimes goes slowly to zero when I am driving. When I restart my car, it seems to reset and work. It is intermittent and not frequent. It may be a couple of months before it happens again.

3/25/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a little time to review your question and i will be back with your answer or a few questions

Does your radio say Bose on it and is your CD player a 6 disc or single disc

Not a Bose. Only a CD player
I believe it is a 6 disc player

Could you give me your VIN so i can determine whether your vehicle has an amp or not....Not all audio systems used in these vehicles have an amp

Anyway....It's probably the speaker in the door and not the amp if your vehicle has one

VIN # 1GNDT13S432316805
I was thinking of the built in amplifier as the volume is really low and soft. The base flat response sound is low. I can still hear that in the speaker when I raise the volume fully to the highest setting. The speaker seems to work, but in the flat response, no base sound, more treble.

Stand by a few minutes

Your vehicle does not have an external or built in amplifier....the audio goes straight from the radio to the speakers....You have a bad left front door speaker and replacing it will resolve your issue. I'm a tech at a Chevrolet dealer and i'm very familiar with your vehicle.

Please take a moment and rate my answer by leaving a 5 Star rating and in doing so i will be available for follow up questions if need be as rating 5 Star will not close out your question

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
my mechanic just checked my car and he said the problem is not in the speaker but I should replace the radio

How did he come to that diagnosis