Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 chev. Silverado 3500hd WT, I turn on the right…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 chev. Silverado 3500hd WT, I turn on the right turn signal it does not cancel out when completing the turn. I can not cancel it out at all, even if I put the switch to the middle or down , and with all that said the left hand signal does not work , when this happens .Hope you can help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 3500HD yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just started happening

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It cant be the fuse because the green arrow just keeps flashing

what are coming up with ?
3/24/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a few minutes to review your question and i will be right back with your answer or a few questions

ok
no

Ignore pop ups for phone calls that is the site suggesting that and not me

The turn signal cancelling is integral to the multifunction turn signal switch itself and that it what would need to be replaced

thank you for help

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue. Please take a moment and click on the stars and i would ask for a 5 Star rating for providing you with your answer. This is how i'm compensated here at Just Answer and i will be available for follow up questions you may have

I can also send you the replacement procedure if you want to try and do this yourself if you would like

Is there a charge.

The only charge is what you have already paid and no additional charges

Is it a email video,

No it's not a video. Just the procedure but there are some difficult steps involved like removing the air bag from the steering wheel in order to remove the steering wheel and the trim covers that go around the steering column to access the screws that hold the switch in place. If you don't feel confident in doing this i would recommend taking it to a shop because someone inexperienced really shouldn't be messing around with air bags

Thank you for your time, we will take it into the shop.

You're Welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a 5 Star rating for my assistance. Thank You

Is there anything else i can help you with and are you not satisfied with the answer i gave you?

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician