Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I do diagnosis he gives me this code U0101. I want to…

Customer Question
When I do diagnosis...

When I do diagnosis he gives me this code U0101

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I want to know what is the real problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Chevrolet suburdan 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have change the transmission control

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/24/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Click on link to view the DTC U0101 troubleshot steps needed ?

Did you mean you changed the trans control, you meant the TCM module

DTC U0101 00: Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module

ok , was the module replaced and can you run thru this test i sent you ?

did you see the file ?

Click on link to view TCM module location

was this part replaced

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have replace the TCM Module still on sama problem

Was the Programing done to it after replacement

TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE PROGRAMMING AND SETUP

The following service procedures require either a programming or a setup event be performed for a complete repair.

Transmission Control Module (TCM) Replacement
If the TCM is replaced, TCM Reprogramming must be performed. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS). See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning

TCM Reprogramming
If the TCM is reprogrammed, TCM Reprogramming must be performed. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS). See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning

Ensure the following conditions exist in order to prepare for TCM programming or reprogramming:
- The battery is fully charged.
- The ignition switch is in the RUN position.
- The Techline equipment cable connection at the data link connector (DLC) is secure.

Program the TCM using the latest software matching the vehicle. Refer to up-to-date Techline equipment user instructions.

If the TCM fails to program, proceed as follows:
- Ensure the TCM connection is good.
- Inspect the Techline equipment for the latest software version.
- Attempt to program the TCM. If the TCM still cannot be programmed properly, replace the TCM.

how is fault effecting transmission operation, no shift ,delayed shift , slipping etc ?

or no effect ,just check engine light on ?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician