Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My cruise control recently went out on my 2003 chevy

Customer Question
My cruise control recently...

My cruise control recently went out on my 2003 chevy trailblazer ls. It went out after I set it on cruise so it just stopped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

Its the 4cylinder. Im not vehicle educated so Im not sure which fuse it would be or what amp it needs to be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far I haven't tried anything just figuring out my options first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I come to a full stop and go to accelerate my vehicle tries to die.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

I need to know how much detail to go into. Are you wanting wire diagrams and pinpoint tests or just some general things to check?

Either at this point

Let's go with the tests and diagrams first and go from there.

Wire diagrams https://www.dropbox.com/s/p698zo1wydnk8hr/trailwire.pdf?dl=0

Tests to perform. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxwrtph9xx2e54x/trailcruisedoag.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris