Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

KO812UKA Canada 350 chevy block. Block casting number

Customer Question
KO812UKA Canada 350 chevy...

KO812UKA Canada 350 chevy block. Block casting number 10054727 is it a roller block?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

It is a engine only

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It is only a L98 do not know if it's a roller

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

I don't know I sent you the block casting

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/23/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Don, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician

hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

your block casting number indicates that this motor was put in vehicles from 1986 and upwards

here is the id 10054727...350...86-up...2 or 4...one piece rear seal, some "Made in Canada" it can be either a 2 or 4 bolt main . the block numbers will not tell you if it is a roller block it would have to have the OEM tag on it

i will see what i can find

Hi there again i did find some information on your engine that i will post for you

i also found the casting numbers that identify roller blocks

they are as follows

non roller 1986-up 350cid flat tappet (i.e. non-roller) blocks are casting number 10054727, 14079287, 14088548, and 14101148. These flat tappet blocks may have the provisions for a roller cam (i.e. bosses cast in and tapped for the spider, tapped holes for the cam plate, etc.)- but also very well may not be so equipped- but these blocks will have a flat tappet cam and non-roller lifters, no spider, etc. These blocks are fine if you don't care about the roller cam.

roller block 350s are 350cid roller tappet blocks are casting numbers 10243880, 14011148, 14088526, and 14093638.

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Have a great day

Don

Alright I need a definite answer though

hi there i did give your that your engine with the casting number 10054727 is a non roller type block from factory

Thank you

Don

heres mortec small id numbers

http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you

don