Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Not getting any heat at all. no leaking. temp gauge reading…

Not getting any heat...

Not getting any heat at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking. temp gauge reading normal. fan switch functioning normal. both heater hoses feel hot when engine is warm. They both feel the same. The switch to change the air flow to the various locations seams to be working normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2002 Suburban k1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself if it is not to difficult. Is their a vacuum line anywhere that operates the heater doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The temp gauge reads just under 200` same as always

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

So one of those items is NOT working, and I will say that the blend door is broken. You can probably feel the action, but the door itself is not moving from cold to hot position, it's stuck in the cold position. The other items you mentioned are spot on. These door should all be electric.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor