Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was accelerating on the highway and the ABS light came on…

I was accelerating on...

I was accelerating on the highway and the ABS light came on with a dinging noise and it says service stabilitrak. It's a 2015 chevy Camaro. What's going on with this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

No just the abs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm in no way mechanical. lol I just bought this car. have had it for about two weeks.

3/23/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Is the car operating normally with the light on? Other than the light of course.

it seems to be operating as well as it was before the light came on.

Ok, essentially this means there is a code stored in the system. It's made up of several wheel speed sensors and yaw and steering angle sensor. What you are going to have to do is have the codes read to determine the cause of the problem. The car is safe to drive with the light on, and it really just means you can spin the tires in slippery road conditions, otherwise the car will be perfectly normal. Since you haven't had it that long, you can likely take it to the dealer and let them figure out what is wrong with it under warranty. If it's something you have to try and repair yourself, you are still going to need the code to know where to start.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Thank you. I will have it looked at and let the dealership figure it out.

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating.