Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Signal light not working at all left side. 2014 Silverado…

Customer Question
Signal light not working...

Signal light not working at all left side

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

2014 Silverado driver side rear signal lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change the bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm not clear on which fuse it is, but I checked 19 an 14

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/22/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is the rest of the of the light assembly on the left side functioning?

Only in front

Just so that I am clear, do the the stop lights and the tail lights function on the driver side?

Okay. So the front turn signal is coming on and the rear isn't, then the issue that you are having will be in the body control module, the wiring to the tail lamp assembly, or the assembly itself. What you need to do, is disconnect the wire for the turn signal. This will be a yellow and blue wire. with the signal in the on position, you should get pulsing power to this wire. If not, then you will need to check the continuity of this wire back to pin a2 in the X5 connector of the underhood fuse box. If this wire is good, check the yellow and blue wire from a1 of the X3 connect of the underhood fuse box to pin 1 in the X5 connector of the BCM. If this wire is good, and not getting power, then the BCM is the issue. There is no dedicated fuse for the turn signal. They get their power from the BCM then the wiring runs through the under hood fuse box. Here I am attaching testing for this issue, along with the electrical diagram and the connector view for the BCM.

The easiest way to determine the issue is to have the vehicle scanned with a capable scanner.

The issue that you are having is going the either be in the wiring, the tail lamp assembly or the BCM. The testing will need to be done to determine which.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.