Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2009 traverse won't accelerate; first to 20 eventually to…

My 2009 traverse won't...

My 2009 traverse won't accelerate; first to 20 eventually to 40 pedal to floor- engine light on no smells- slipping as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Nope

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing -just had plugs replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had a fix on converter to pass exhaust test last fall

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a partially plugged cat converter. what fix did you do last year on the cat?

some sort off air-oxygen regutaer or gauge

was it an oxygen sensor?

I'm going to get a diagnostic test - just wanted to get an idea before I did that

it is a sensor that measures the oxygen content in the exhaust, if it was the sensor that they replaced, then most likely the cat converter was starting to plug at the time, now it is definately plugged, it is easy to diagnose, they need to do an exhaust back pressure test, if it is any more than 1 psi, then the cat converter will need to be replaced,Tim

thank you very much sounds right- can I drive on this and for how long - just a conserv. guess

antime my friend, you will need to have this fixed as soon as possible, I would not take it on any long trips until you do,Tim

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH
Thanks again

You bet, Tim