Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have installed heater core 10 k miles ago. have just

Customer Question
Have installed heater core...

Have installed heater core 10 k miles ago. have just replaced thermostat and heater core has been replaced 30 k miles ago. iam not getting heat but blower works

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is to top of radiator cap. no hoses leaking nor is heater core.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Chevy?

1990 suburban 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Themostat. mechanic replaced heater core 10 k miles ago. water pump replaced 30 k miles ago. iam not seeing any leaking from hoses or heater core. blower motor works but blows cold air even after 10 min. running

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/22/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Don, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician

hi there my name is m don i will try to help you on this

it sounds like the the blend door actuator

but first are both hoses hot in and out of the heater core ?

Don

Hi there this is what it looks like

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HVAC-Heater-Blend-Door-Actuator-Standard-F04005/352127322090?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ASuburban+1500&epid=537930603&hash=item51fc6c87ea:g:CrcAAOSwwIJZ4jqO

check your fuses check to make sure you have power to the blend door

and linkage is attached

if all that checks out it is the actuator its self

HAve a Great day

Don

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just got back. When heator core was replaced vacuum lines to mode door actuator were replaced

did you or the mechanic check if there was vacuum or trying to work ?

this is what opens and shuts off the flow to the heater core

also it may sound like it is working but it is not functioning i had this happen all sounded good but still no heat

went got one out of another unit we had in the yard and everything was good

also check to make sure your lines do have vacuum when selections are made

Don
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician