Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced compressor on 97 chevy silverado it worked for a…

Customer Question
Replaced compressor on 97...

Replaced compressor on 97 chevy silverado it worked for a short time then compressor no longer works, any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I had engine replaced in the truck and replaced compressor, drier and orifice tube at the same time. Mechanic who did the job originally moved away to Atlanta and closed local shop. I have replaced interior controls and the relay

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

New engine has about 7k truck itself has 195k yes truck cranks and operates perfectly no ac

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I hope not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/21/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Is there any refrigerant in the system? Have you checked it with a set of pressure gauges?

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

R