Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I installed a back-up camera yesterday in my 2007 Silverado…

Customer Question
I installed a back-up...

I installed a back-up camera yesterday in my 2007 Silverado 2500. We didn't need to touch any fuses, though we did pull the cover off the drivers side panel to route wires. Now nothing in my drivers door works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

I checked the one in the front where the LT DR block is. It doesn't seem like anything is wrong there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/21/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was this the driver's side door panel itself that was removed and reinstalled?

Have you checked for any wiring connection issues or wire damage issues in the area you worked?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, just the drivers side fuse cover. Yes, we looked for damaged or loose wires. Removed the LT DR fuse block and reinstalled. I don't know what or where the LT DR circuit breaker is.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just thought about this: we did this while it was snowing so the panel where the window and lock switches are got pretty wet.

O.k., I was leading up to that switch assembly after looking though some info on this.

The LT DR circuit breaker ( 25 amp ) is located on the left side of the dash in the fuse panel.Most likely it is o.k..But that switch assembly is an actual control unit/ecu on this model here.It is the driver's door switch control module.It can get water in it and shorts out causing this fault with it needing to be replaced.It isn't like the older models where it is just a separate switch assembly.This is a control unit/ecu internally and if it got enough water on it the water will make its way into it and shorts it out.

What needs to be done is take a compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can read all computers in your model and see what codes are set in the driver's door module.If there is no communication with the driver's door module and you are using a scan tool compatible with your vehicle to read it then I suspect this module assembly needs replaced.It is the complete switch assembly itself.

It has to be programmed once it is replaced which is done usually with a dealers computer plugged into your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician