Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How much should it cost to replace oil pressure sensor

How much should it...

How much should it cost to replace oil pressure sensor filter on 5.3L 2012 Silverado? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

6 yrs. never replaced. Yes, check engine light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Taking to a shop and they pulled codes and diagnosed that it’s the oil pressure sensor with filter probably clogged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

About 68,000 miles. And always changed oil on time

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Give me a few minutes to work up the estimate for replacing the oil pressure sensor. I will be back asap.

Chris

Okay, that oil pressure sensor is part number ACDELCO 12673134, and runs $36.79 plus tax. The labor to replace it is 3.0 hours because the intake manifold will need to be removed. Intake gasket set will be about $40.00. So at a labor rate of $135.00 per hour, figure the total estimate will be about $481.79 plus tax on the parts.

Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, and does not close this session. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks much

You are very welcome and thank you for accepting my answer tonight!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician