Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mr. Mr Nova, Mr Nova, How do i determine if the unresponsive…

Customer Question
Mr Nova, Mechanic's Assistant:...

Mr Nova,

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nova?

Mr Nova, How do i determine if the unresponsive fob or receiver 2004 impala is the problem and what fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes, 3.2V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nova yourself? What have you tried so far?

The fob was checked at an auto zone store and their "receiver" was positive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The ran

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/20/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

The answer to your question is: with a factory scan tool. I can watch the scan tool and see if the transmitter signal is being received, and I can also test the transmitter to make sure it's transmitting. It sounds like you've already verified that, but relearning the fob to the car would be the first step, and this also requires a factory level scan tool.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.