Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Has a Chevy Tahoe hybrid. Code P0C76 keeping coming up. High…

Has a Chevy Tahoe...

Has a Chevy Tahoe hybrid. Code P0C76 keeping coming up. High voltage that's at 30. Truck want start but the radio and etc come on. Trying to see how can the code be broken down to see if something is wrong with transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes to both questions

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tahoe Hybrid?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

At a shop. Battery replace, body control module replaced, new 12v battery,

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a few minutes to review your question and i will be back with your answer or a few questions

Not sure what kind of scan tool you are using and if it can perform these functions but try this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They say they tried that but can't get pass some thing in the transmission.

There is only 2 reasons the transmission would have anything to do with this, and that is if the Hybrid Control Module doesn't recognize if the Transmission is in Park or Neutral.... Or an internal Transmission component failure. Read this document carefully, Especially the Highlighted areas. Is this vehicle at a Dealership?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the power inverter be bad???

It's a possibility but the steps in the document above need to be followed to properly diagnose this. This vehicle should be at a GM dealer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had it at a GM dealer and spend 2500. They told me it was a body module so got that fixed. Than told me my battery. I asked if they check my little battery I was told know. And they told me they had sent to much man power working on it. When they where only calling Chevy engineer at the factory and asking questions. I have got more assisting over the internet and other mechanics than them.But the information you sent me was a great help and it's moving in a good direction. Thanks a Million!!!!

You're welcome. I'm actually a technician at a Chevrolet dealership in Southwest Florida....I can't believe they told you that and if it was me i would be calling Chevrolet Customer assistance and complain about that....

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Todd Audette
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician