Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am using 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan (mileage 150,000…

Hi There, I am...

Hi There, I am using 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan (mileage 150,000 km). Couple of days back the engine check light came on as well as the service traction off light too. Whenever the service traction is coming, it's showing service traction message on DIC. Moreover, when I am idling at stop sign, the car is jerking as well as the coolant temperature rising quite tight compare to typical.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Engine light came and stay for 1 day then gone. Then it came back again and still there. It's steady. Whereas, the traction light remain steady and go away whenever I am turning off my vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went to nearby shop to check what codes are coming..they said p0107 and p0300

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Recently I changed my thermostat as well as radiator due to leak.

3/20/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, does it have the 2L supercharged, 2.2L or 2.4L engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has 2.2L engine

HI,

Ok, the P0107 for the MAP sensor, in some cases can cause the engine to run rough and cause random misfires which will set the P0300 code, so the fist step is to address the P0107

The MAP sensor is located on the intake manifold behind the throttle body - see attached

First, with engine idling, use carb cleaner to spray each vacuum hose one at a time. If idle changes when one is sprayed, replace it. Erase codes and see if any return.

If they do, or if no difference in idle when vacuum hoses are sprayed, check the harness connector at the MAP sensor for broke, frayed or brittle wires and repair as needed.

IF ok, replace the MAP sensor

Erase codes and if the P0300 returns, then fuel pressure will need to be tested, coils and spark plugs checked and fuel injectors tested

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** go through the process and let you know the situation.

HI,

Ok, sounds good. I am here everyday

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric,
when I was going over your suggestion, I found out that whoever installed my radiator, he forgot to assemble intake manifold hose properly. That's why there was a smell coming out (as well as stem) whenever the I was idling for long time and rpm goes less than 1000. On the other hand, I checked the Spark Plugs as well as Ignition Coils its in good condition. I reset the code the P0300 never returned again. However, it is showing P0171 code (System Too Lean on Bank 1) and coolant temperature still raising during idling. It even crosses 100 degree centigrade but no fan is ON. What is you suggestion regarding this?

HI,

How is it idling in drive?

Sorry you felt the need to have it refunded instead of replying to my followup to your followup. At this point, I will not respond to any request for more help since you refunded the question

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager