Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 chevy Silverado 4.8 4wd. Engine codes p0300, p2119,

p2135. ABS codes c0242, c0900...
2010 chevy Silverado 4.8 4wd. Engine codes p0300, p2119, p2135. ABS codes c0242, c0900, c0561 Airbag codes b0014, b0021, b0085 Keyless entry codes c0750, c0755, c0760, c0765. Common causes where to start to repair?
3/19/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Did all of this happen at once? There's a lot going on there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Over time they r all separate issues...I am a shop and was looking for some guidance

I can help you with all of these, but I need some time. I am getting ready to leave my desk for a couple of hours, can I sit down later and hammer these out for you? I'll give you schematics or whatever you need, but this is going to take some time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya we r doing throttle position sensor now

OK, I'll follow up with you in an hour or so, and we'll see if we can make sense of all this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello

Oh man, I'm sorry. This fell off my radar last night. Let me help you out now.

Did the TPS solve the P2119 and P2135?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
far it seemed to

OK, good, we can cross those off the list. Is the check engine light on at all, are you still getting a P0300? Does the engine run well or does it run poorly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Runs fine and I cleared the codes and drove it like 5 miles

OK good, so on to the ABS issues. You'll have to clear those codes and see which ones come back, but all of them combined have me thinking the EBCM has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok air bag?

B0014 and B0021 are LF side air bag and RF side air bag, respectively. There should be a suffix after the code that tells us exactly what the issue is, but it's worth a look to see if they are just unplugged or something. B0085 is LF side impact sensor erratic reading. There is a bulletin from GM about certain phone chargers disrupting these circuits, if there are any aftermarket devices in the truck, I'd remove them and test again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R they sensors and where r they located?? In the side pillar

The side air bags are located in each seat, you can see the panel on the outer side of the seat. Look under each seat at the wiring with the yellow connectors, yellow connectors always equal airbag circuits. See if they're just unplugged or if the wiring is damaged or something.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the airbag I cleared it and the left one came back on...and wires and plug look all good..

Which one came back, B0014 or B0085?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
B0085

That's for the side impact sensor, which is located inside the door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The code says front left side

Yes, left front side airbag sensor. "Side" is the operative word there, it's for the side of the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I put new one in door and code still comes up and I was told it is the one up front on left side

Not for B0085 it's not. But there is a suffix that goes with this code, do you have the suffix?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says left front side impact sensor symptom 00 current DC, history DTC warning indicator requested

The suffix says short to ground or open. Is it possible that the wiring from SDM to sensor is shorted or damaged? That's what this code and suffix suggests, basically that the SDM doesn't see the sensor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do u have a diagram or is there a common place for bad wire

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician