Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

WHAT KIND OF RANGE SHOULD i BE ABLE TO EXPECT WITH A FULL…

Customer Question
WHAT KIND OF RANGE...

WHAT KIND OF RANGE SHOULD i BE ABLE TO EXPECT WITH A FULL CHARGE ON A cHEVY vOLT (2015)

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volt?

2015 WITH 46k MILES

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

WE JUST ABROUGHT THE CAR HOME FROM THE DEALER LAST NIGHT. wE CHARGED IT ON THE DEDICATED CIRCUIT WE HAD PUT IN FOR A LEASE VOLT IN THE PAST. tHE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT WE HAD A FREEZER ON IT ALSO. wE ARE TRYING TO CHARGE IT AGAIN (ALREADY USED THE 23 MILES JUST GOING TO CHURCH - NOT GOOD...) WITHOUT THE FREEZER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

WE WONDER WHAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPECT WITH A 2015 VOLT. iS THE MILEAGE A PROBLEM WITH 2015 VOLTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

NO, We

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/18/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

y​ou should not be seeing much lost of battery charge capacity at the miles and this time you should still be getting over 30 mile per charge this sounds like there is a problem with the battery capacity . if this is a use car the owner before you may have been plugging the car in too much when the battery is more then 80$ charged

80%**