Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Chevy Tahoe drivers seat moves backward when sliding…

2005 Chevy Tahoe drivers...

2005 Chevy Tahoe drivers seat moves backward when sliding switch forward and vice versa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am, I have not tried anything yet, it just started this out of the blue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery Terminals are clean,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything was working, and then it just stared doing this, really weird

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

This is a software issue. The memory seat module has a glitch that develops in the software that reverses the operation.

The fix is to have the memory seat module updated at a shop that can do the programming. Ideally this is about a 40$ process.

Ok Thank You

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician