Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car went dead no power, checked battery that is good. How do…

Customer Question
Car went dead no...

Car went dead no power, checked battery that is good. How do I start the car with the key, no where to put the key in

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is nothing, when we thought it was the battery and started to charge it , the horn ,locks everything was going off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Impala Liz 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the battery, I thought about trying to manually start it but where there is no where

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s a LTZ

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/18/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

Can I ask how you determined your battery was good? What tool or method? Many can give a false positive, even boosting is not a confirmation that it is good.