EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chevrolet Technician
34559540

Have a 2002 1500 Silverado with a drivers window not

Customer Question

Good Morning. Have a 2002 1500 Silverado with a drivers window not working. I replaced the switch and regulator still not working. Seems as there is no power going to driver side switch. Passenger side works fine.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consitent
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new switch and new regulator. window motor works when jumper wires used
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

At the motor connector have you checked for power and ground with a test light on the two wires?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no power. Jumpers used on motor and motor ran as should

Power and ground switches to each wire at the motor. No power or ground on either wire at the motor when up or down is pressed on the switch? You checked with a test light or are assuming because the motor works when power and ground applied?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no power going to switch for the drivers side window switch. When using the 12v light tester shows power going to passenger side and operates when wires are tested but drivers nothing at any wire

At the drivers window switch there should be power coming in on the dark green wire. That wire gets power from the PWR WDO 25 amp circuit breaker in the left hand fuse panel.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Did you check the circuit breaker? Have you made any progress?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Circuit Breaker?
in my previous post I mention checking the circuit breaker as you said you have no power to window motor
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hello? Have you got your window working or at least checked what I mentioned?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!