Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dead battery. No I didn't test it. My son charged it

Dead battery. Mechanic's Assistant:...

Dead battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No I didn't test it. My son charged it before.,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 Equinox.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to access the battery,

3/18/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you asking how to change the battery in the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I have a charger. I want try to charge it before I replace it. I can't seem to find the key to gain access to the battery.

Thanks, ***** ***** steps to remove the ECM and cover to access the battery. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsc4cqhbaaxx7mj/ecmcover.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hopefully I can follow these diagrams.

It is not that difficult.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician