Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

3/17/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Yes, if you need to run a ground circuit, that shiny bit of metal right there will do nicely.

Good. I’ll try to find a ground cable and hook it up tomorrow. I try operating the unit today and nothing happened. No sound, absolutely nothing when I used the toggle switch. There is power to the unit and there is power to the toggle switch so hopefully by grounding the unit it will run. New unit says it needs to be grounded and has a ground connection whereas old unit didn’t have a place for it to be grounded
Do you have it working?
Haven’t installed the ground yet. I’m going to do it in the next 30 minutes
Ok
It works, but the bed hits the top if the unit so I’m going to add a 2x4 on the rails if the frame the bed sits on. I ran the unit all the way up and on the way down a lot of fluid came out of the top the cap. I added fluid; lifted the bed but brought it down slowly and it didn’t seem to spill over .

Excellent!

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Truck runs hot at idle. About 215 temp. Then it went down to normal. Went back up to 215 ; reved motor temp went down to 180(temp of thermostat) keep reving temp goes down to 155. Then ran hot again. Radator, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, radator hoses new
Btw, going to keep the boards so the flatbed is a little higher. Ran the dump bed several times; it no longer spills over and it goes all the way to the top