Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car has 91,000 miles. I will be taking a trip end of May and…

Car has 91,000 miles...

Car has 91,000 miles. I will be taking a long trip end of May and am wondering if I should go ahead an have a tune-up, belts changed, etc. to be safe. And what would be the approx. cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?

Serpintine-not sure of spelling.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2010 chevrolet traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm a single 76 granma going to grand daughters graduation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just some good and honest advice.

3/17/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Whenever you're not certain of how long it's been for any services, it's always best to either have an honest mechanic check it out for you or just get it done, so now you have a baseline of mileage and time.

Drive safe and have fun:)

For belts and tune-up on that could be about $300.00.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

I had no intentions of doing the work myself. I have my car regularly serviced every 3-4,000 miles. Just wanted a heads up before going to dealer. Went to one dealer and they recommended a complete tune-up, belts, oil change, filters, "transmission flush and fluid change". $$$$$$$$$. Don't want to be taken. I just moved to this state and am unfamiliar with dealers.

I get it, but I can't tell you for sure what it needs from where I'm at,so you do need to trust who you feel comfortable with. Good for you for have it serviced that way too.

If you want another opinion on it, call AAA,member or not, they will send you to an honest shop.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link in case you need to talk tome again.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor