Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Water is draining into the oil while the vehicle is static…

Water is draining into...

Water is draining into the oil while the vehicle is static the engine hasn't been running any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

The oil was changed and then the water came back into the oil from the coolant system and again the truck hasn't been started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Chevy pickup 1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's actually not mine it's my brother-in-law's but I've never heard of this happening the truck was towed in and hasn't been started

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just can't see how it could happen unless the block is cracked

3/17/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

This truck should have an engine oil cooler in the radiator. Look at the driver's side of the radiator and verify that you have two pipes going into the tank on that side.

If so, your radiator needs to be replaced, the coolant is likely going into the oil through this cooler.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I'll pass on the info don't need the subscription

You don't need anything else?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician